Sunday, July 31, 2011

Papers: Mexican rave


Sweet Pea! Chicharito's red-letter day
Javier Hernandez made the transformation from armchair fan to Champions League hero by scoring the winner for Manchester United. The £7million summer signing, who followed the competition on Mexican television until this season, said: ‘I am glad I was able to play my part. I always used to watch the Champions League when I was back home.' Hernandez, who is nicknamed 'Chicharito' or 'Little Pea', added: 'It is one of the most important tournaments in the world so I was always keeping up with it. This is a dream come true and the goal will give me so much confidence. I am only at the start of my career here and to score so early in the Champions League is a big boost for me.’ Sir Alex Ferguson was delighted with the impact of substitute Hernandez in the absence of Wayne Rooney. ‘He’s a natural finisher and he showed that,’ said the manager. ‘When he took his chance, it was like he was shelling peas. It is so natural to him. We felt Chico’s pace might be a problem for them and it was.

Chris Wheeler, The Daily Mail.
The Telegraph, reports Fabio Capello has not ruled out including Wayne Rooney in his England squad to face Montenegro in the forthcoming Euro 2012 qualifier, despite the talismanic striker being ruled out for three weeks with an ankle injury. The England boss also reiterated his stance against recalling fellow United striker, Michael Owen.

However, Rooney has apparently declared himself fit and ready to face Sunderland at the weekend in The Mirror, after a hospital scan revealed less damage to his ankle than what was first thought.

Javier Hernandez Chicharito

Javier Hernandez Chicharito

Javier Hernandez Chicharito And Wayne Rooney

Javier Hernandez Chicharito

0 comments:

Post a Comment